We are looking for an individual to join our team as a dairy hauler-sampler. This position supports our cheesemaking staff and consists of driving to local dairy farms and collecting milk to supply our cheese plant. We use a refrigerated transfer tank on a pickup truck to collect milk from a dairy farm’s bulk milk tank, drive it to our cheese plant to deliver the milk, then clean and sanitize the transfer tank prior to using it again.
QR Code Link to This Post
● Provide support to the cheesemaker by providing milk in a timely fashion each workday.
● Maintain accurate, detailed records: sanitation, milk receipts etc
● Maintain hygienic conditions including daily and weekly cleaning in the milk room and of the milk transfer tank.
● Gain knowledge of the MDARD regulations that govern the pick-up and distribution of milk to our cheese plant.
● Communicate effectively with our cheesemaking staff and dairy milk farmers.
● Track inventory of cleaning supplies
● Assist cheesemaker in production tasks in the creamery
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Good attention to detail and task management, especially setting priorities and multi-tasking
● Good physical condition: must be able to lift 50 pounds, be on your feet for extended periods and be able to work in both summer heat and winter cold.
● Meticulous personal hygiene and ability to maintain a clean workspace
● Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks
● Willingness to work hard, especially under seasonal fluctuations in milk production. Spring, Summer and Fall are very busy; Winter less so.
● Work safely with chemicals used for cleaning dairy equipment
● Food safety knowledge helpful but not a condition of employment